Over the last month or so I have been updating the keyboard binding diagrams. You now select the type of keyboard before selecting the style or game. I also combed through the CSS stylesheets, looking for and fixing errors. I also tweaked the dimensions of each keyboard to better match the most common physical keyboard layouts. See the log for more information.
Also, today I uploaded all my files to pCloud and edited all the links on this site to point to there instead of to MediaFire. I’m not going to delete the files from MediaFire, but eventually the files will get removed by the hosting company and the links will go dead.
I have completed developing a new submission form for the Video Game Keyboard Diagram project. It should now be much easier to fix and submit new keyboard bindings data.
I have also uploaded the project to GitHub.
I’ve updated my Video Game Keyboard Diagrams project over the last few weeks. Here are the most recent items from the change log:
- 2018/05/29: Renamed the project from “Video Game Hotkey Maps” back to “Video Game Keyboard Diagrams”.
- 2018/05/29: Updated the printing tips with new info on problems and workarounds.
- 2018/05/25: Tweaks to style sheets and meta tags in order to (somewhat) better support mobile browsers.
- 2018/05/25: Fixed a bug that was causing some browsers to not be able to switch between the HTML and SVG versions of the diagrams.
- 2018/05/25: Old URLs are now being properly converted to the new URL syntax.
- 2018/05/23: Added bindings for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, Fortnite, Overwatch, Far Cry 5 and Everspace. I’ve only played the last one, but hopefully people will appreciate the others.
- 2018/05/18: Made changes to the accordion menu in the front page. Made changes to the alphabetical list (now renamed to “master list”).
- 2018/05/14: Added a button to the bottom of each chart to quickly switch between SVG and HTML rendering.
- 2018/05/14: Added bindings for Battletech and Stellar Tactics.
- 2018/05/14: Fixed a bug preventing charts from being loaded if the gam, sty, lay and svg parameters were missing from the URL.
Goals heading into the future include creating PDF versions of the diagrams, and possibly starting a github repository for the project.
In other news, I re-enabled comments on this blog.
Over the past several weeks I have been overhauling my Video Game Hotkey Maps tool. I made several changes to the underlying database structure, as well as to the styles and error detection. I also went ahead and created new PHP scripts that generate SVG versions of the maps. This makes it possible to upload maps to MediaWiki wikis, which is a major goal I set out to accomplish when I first created the PHP edition of the tool. I had created a MediaWiki template to accomplish the same thing, but the SVG images are a lot more convenient. I hope a lot of people get good use out of these scripts.
I’ve made a lot of progress with my keyboard shortcut chart database. I upgraded the scripts to work with more recent versions of PHP, and fixed several bugs that I had overlooked. I also added a few dozen new charts for games that I am interested in, and replaced the Submissions page with a link to the Excel sheet I personally use to assemble all the data. I hope you like it! Enjoy!