Over the last month or so I have been updating the keyboard binding diagrams. You now select the type of keyboard before selecting the style or game. I also combed through the CSS stylesheets, looking for and fixing errors. I also tweaked the dimensions of each keyboard to better match the most common physical keyboard layouts. See the log for more information.
Also, today I uploaded all my files to pCloud and edited all the links on this site to point to there instead of to MediaFire. I’m not going to delete the files from MediaFire, but eventually the files will get removed automatically by the company and the links will go dead.
I have spent the last few weeks moving most of my geometry activities from this site to the online collection at the GeoGebra website. I plan to do the same for my LDraw models, either at Brickshelf, MOCpages or Rebrickable. I’ve also written a new tutorial for the POV-Ray wiki, and created a new solar system scene for the POV-Ray Object Collection and Wikipedia.
I have been busy creating illustrations for Wikipedia. They can be seen on my user page at Wikimedia Commons. Most of them involve the spherical or elliptical coordinate systems somehow.
I also created a series of sectional drawings comparing the internal geometries of the various “Color Spheres” of (from left to right) Johannes Itten, Albert H. Munsell, and Philipp Otto Runge; as well as a fourth sphere created for comparison based on the spherical coordinate system. It is amazing how many ways there are to draw a sphere!
And I updated a couple of existing images that show how the color-making attribute saturation can be determined from the chroma and value parameters of the Munsell Color System. (Though this definition of saturation is a bit different than the one used in the HSL color space I am accustomed to.)
Lastly, I finished an old scene featuring my interpretation of Larry Niven’s Ringworld. It is a giant ring encircling a far away sun, with oceans, continents and Earth-like weather embedded into it. Here’s the latest render:
The source code for these images can be found in my new GitHub repository which I just created for this purpose.
I’ve spent the last few months updating Datsville in various ways.
I have reverted the town layout back to how it was at around revision 501, including putting the corn fields and airport back in their original locations, and removing the surrounding hills.
I have reorganized and cleaned up a lot of the POV-Ray scripts, which should now be a lot easier to use now.
I helped translate Tore Eriksson’s LDBoxer program into Python, and optimized it slightly.
Lastly, I made the sidewalks narrower, and expanded the space devoted to the town’s houses and other buildings.
Right now I am working on porting Datsville RPG from RPG Maker VX Ace to RPG Maker MV. I have already updated many of the project’s graphics. Now I just need to implement the LeTBS combat plugins and get them working properly. Below are some screenshots. There are still several graphical bugs in the LeTBS plugin, as can be seen in the image on the right. Hopefully they will get addressed at some point so that I can continue working on this.